Superba ™ Krill Oil by Aker Biomarine ™ is a product of superb quality that comes from a single source, Euphausia superba, better known as krill. A small crustacean found in the cold, clean waters of Antarctic Ocean.
Krill has important nutritional value it contains more than 60% of proteins with 45% of essential amino acids and 20% in omega-3 fatty acids. It is also a source rich in phosphorus, vitamins A, B and D and trace elements as selenium.
Superba ™ Krill Oil is an important source of phospholipids, and it is recommended for:
• Reduction of the omega-3 index in plasma
• Improvement of the lipid profile
•Hypercolesterol and hypertriglicerides
• Reinforcement of visual and brain structures.
• May support to maintain bone, joints, brain and cardiovascular health.
Rich source of omega3 and phospholipids
Greater bioavailability and bio efficiency of Omega-3 phospholipids relative to
Omega-3 triglycerides influence cellular absorption, functioning and distribution of Omega-3.
- Astaxanthin is one of nature’s most powerful antioxidants that ensure the stability of the oil.
The antioxidant power of KRILL oil is
- 300 times more than vitamin A or E
- 48 times more Omega – 3
-34 times more than CoQ10
Without fish aftertaste
- Different taste to fish. The presence of phospholipids allow its dissolution in juices and produces no aftertaste
Level of contamination less than fish oils.
- It is obtained in the cold waters of Antarctica, where contaminant levels are very low.
Sustainability and traceability
- Not farmed. Each batch has a record of the position where fished and which oil batches are produced.
Eco-collection supported by the WWF
- Ecological fishing, respecting the environment and the catch limits to not interfere with the feeding of other species (whales and seabirds).
- Oil comes entirely from krill (Euphasia superba) as a species, not as fish oils that are mixtures of different species and do not allow establishing a traceability.
- Contribution of Omega-3, phospholipids and astaxanthin in a single ingredient.
- Better absorption and effectiveness that the Omega-3 fish, clinically proven.
- Food that can be incorporated into food supplements without any problems. Recommended 200 mg of EPA DHA per day (1 g Superba™ Krill Oil = 2 pearls)
Each gram of Superba Krill Oil contains:
230 mg of omega-3 of which 115 mg are EPA and 65 mg are DHA
400 mg of phospholipids
50 mcg of Astaxanthin.
Also contains Omega-6, Omega-9 and vitamins A and E.
Caution: not suitable for vegetarians (covering capsule bovine gelatin). Not suitable for people suffering from allergies to fish.